Invisible Oil Primer
2.5 ltr Water based primer before application of Invisible Oil. 85-130 sf/liter
Primer for Invisible Oil
- Gives the floor an untreated appearance
- Resistant to liquids such as water, coffee, tea and red wine
- Gives the wood a beautiful, breathable surface
Invisible Oil Primer is a water-based wood primer with excellent adhesion, that gives wood a matt, untreated appearance when combined with WOCA Invisible Oil. Invisible Oil Primer is the first stage in a high quality water-based oiling system and should therefore be used together with WOCA Invisible Oil. The Invisible system has been developed for use with light wood varieties, where a high oiling quality and newly-sanded, untreated appearance are required. The range gives the floor a surface that is both comfortable to walk on and soft to the touch. The floor is also left with a soft, water-resistant surface that is easy to clean and maintain.
Product, room and floor temperature must be between 15-30°C. Ensure good ventilation when applying the oil and when it is drying. The wood must be newly-sanded, with grit 100-150 for the final sanding. Vacuum thoroughly. Wash the floor with WOCA Intensive Wood Cleaner and leave the floor to dry for at least 8 hours before application of the primer.
1. Thoroughly shake the container of primer, both before and during use. Containers with different batch numbers should be mixed to avoid colour mismatch.
2. Apply the primer using a short-bristled paint roller in an even coat. Work in small areas of no more than 20 m² at a time.
3. Leave the primer to soak in for up to 5 minutes.
4. Rub the primer into the wood until the floor appears saturated. Use a buffing machine with a beige or Bordeaux pad. Regularly change the buffing pad to prevent the primer from lumping.
5. Remove excess primer with dry, lint-free cotton cloths or pads attached to the polishing machine until the surface no longer appears wet.
6. Leave the floor to dry for 3-4 hours.
7. Between layers, sand the dry surface using a bordeaux pad or a lacquer sanding pad and vacuum thoroughly.
8 Apply WOCA Invisible Oil. Carefully follow the product instructions.
After 24 hours, we recommend that the surface is treated with Invisible Oil Care to improve the floor’s resistance to stains and wear.