2.5 ltr 4 Reacts with tannins produces an ammonia smoked appearance to oak. 100 sf/liter.
WOCA Antique Lye has been specially developed to produce an ammonia smoked appearance to oak wood. Results vary.
- Gives oak wood an ammonia smoked appearance
- Requires subsequent treatment with oil
- Only for oak wood
- Does not contain pigments
- Certified by IBR
*Due to shipping regulations for this product, Antique Lye must be shipped via ground or next day air. An additional shipping/handling charge will be added. Signature upon delivery is required. This product is non-returnable and non-refundable.
WOCA Antique Lye
WOCA Antique Lye has been especially developed to produce an ammonia smoked appearance to oak wood. This product is user-friendly but corrosive and should be handled with caution during application. Since the product reacts with the tannic acid in the oak, the color after application may vary depending on the concentration of tannin in the wood. However, it creates a very unique color and Vintage appearance. The final color will first be achieved after 1-2 months. Results vary.
How to use WOCA Antique lye
Wear suitable acid proof protective clothing, gloves and eye goggles for protection.
- Wear suitable acid proof protective clothing, gloves and eye goggles for protection.
- The wood must be clean, dry and free from dirt and grease. We recommend application as soon as possible after sanding.
- Pour Antique Lye into a plastic paint tray. It does not need stirring.
- Apply Antique Lye with a nylon brush or synthetic applicator in an even coat on the floor, following the wood grain.
- Apply at least one liter of lye to each 100 sq.ft. of wood flooring or woodwork.
- Let the floor or woodwork dry at least 2-4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Wash floor with WOCA Wood Cleaner (see separate instructions). This will neutralize tannins and prevent water spotting. Let floor dry completely, 8-12 hours, preferably overnight.
- When wood is dry, de-nib the floor and its standing fibers using a standard buffer with thick green or red buffing pads until floor is smooth. De-nib floor first before polishing the edges. Vacuum the floor or wood surface when completed.
- Finish the floor or woodwork with oil.
Please note: Antique Lye will lighten after application. Both products are water based and can be diluted with water prior to application to obtain a more muted effect. Sapwood contains no tannin and will not be affected by lye treatment.