WOCA Worktop Oil
WOCA Worktop Oil is for Oak, Maple, and Walnut kitchen worktops, wood countertops, and butcher block.
oca Worktop Oil Natural, 527713AA, Interior woodwork and furniture, W .75 ltr 6 Penetrating oil for wood cutting boards countertops and butcher block. 130-160 sq. ft. liter,
Interior woodwork and furniture, Worktop Oil White, 527814AA, .75 ltr 6 Penetrating oil for wood cutting boards countertops and butcher block. 130-160 sq. ft. liter.
WOCA Worktop Oil for Oak, Maple, and Walnut kitchen worktops, wood countertops, and butcher block.
WOCA Worktop Oil is for freshly sanded or previously oiled wood surfaces. The oil makes the surface highly water and dirt repellent. Use Worktop Oil, Natural, on both dark and light wood species – such as mahogany, merbau, teak, walnut, cherry, ash, oak, beech, maple, birch, oak, pine etc. – to enhance the natural color of the wood. Use Worktop Oil, White, to lighten up the wood or give it a whitewashed effect. Ensure good ventilation at all times during the application and drying time.
How to Use WOCA Worktop Oil
WOCA Worktop gel application
- Sand the wood surface with 180 grit paper.
- Prep the wood surface with WOCA Wood Cleaner (3 oz. per gallon of lukewarm water). This is not optional. After applying, let the wood dry completely.
- Stir the oil thoroughly before use.
- Use a paintbrush to apply oil in an even coat.
- Wait approx. 20-30 minutes at a minimum 68ºF (room temperature) as the oil penetrates into the wood.
- For best results, cut a white or red buffing pad and Patina Disc to fit an orbital hand sander (pad/Disc can also be used to hand polish). Polish the wet oil into the wood until the surface feels smooth and uniform. Keep adding oil and keep polishing until entire surface feels smooth and uniform.
- Next, wipe off all excess oil using a lint-free cotton cloth. Do not leave any excess oil on the surface.
- Polish the wood using a white polishing pad or wool pad (by hand or with orbital sander).
- On highly absorbent wood surfaces, a second oil treatment may be necessary.
- The oil is thoroughly hardened after 24 hours at 68ºF. Do not let the treated surface become wet during the hardening process.
WOCA Worktop Oil Maintenance
Use WOCA Soap Spray daily or weekly to keep surface clean. Simply spray and wipe.
Re-oiling with WOCA Worktop Oil is done as needed. Clean the surface with Wood Cleaner and let dry completely.
Follow application steps 3 to 8.
Tip: To reuse Patina Disc, clean with mineral spirits and rinse in water.
Warning! Rags, pads or waste soaked with WOCA oil may self-ignite if improperly discarded. Immediately after use, place all rags and waste in a sealed, water-filled bucket for proper disposal.